Sunday 4 February 2018

Taking time to reflect on my word of the year

As we move from January into February I want to make a conscious effort to meditate on my word of the year - nourish.  This is particularly important because January was a really busy month for me and I didn't get to spend a lot of time doing what I enjoy, what nourishes my soul.  Instead I felt a little overwhelmed with work and travelling all around the region to get to J's medical appointments.  I found some time to make art but it was for moments rather than a period where I could sit down and create.

So I wanted to ensure that I go into February keeping my word of the year in mind - in fact, it's my plan to do this at the beginning of each month to remind myself of my wishes for the year.  And so I created a page to remind myself of it using collage sheets from Anna's January Patreon.  This beautiful acrylic pour painting reminds me so much of a bath when you have just dropped in the Lush bath bomb and it swirls around creating beautiful patterns.  Bathtime for me is a time of nourishment and reflection so I wanted the page to illustrate that idea - J is in bed by the time I get to run a bath so the house is usually quiet and calm.

The collage sheets are so beautiful that I hardly needed to add anything - I simply used some modelling paste with a stencil in the corner and added some found words from a magazine.


I've become a bit addicted to the collage sheets of Anna's acrylic pouring adventures, I've used one for my desktop background and one on my phone background too!


Don't forget to check out Anna's Patreon and you can find more of my art here, or on my blog, or on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment