Monday 18 December 2017

Pages in my December Journal

Happy Christmas folks! It's the most wonderful time of the year... mostly because I am joining in with much of the creative community who are documenting daily during the festive season. And even better, I get access to Anna Brim's fantastic printable collage elements to help decorate and embellish my journal pages!

img_0899.jpg 

Some days I fail to take any meaningful pictures, but I am not sad about it because I am keeping up with journaling every day, which is the most important thing, and I have beautiful seasonal resources from Anna's Patreon such as these at my fingertips:

IMG_0917.JPG 

I was lucky enough to attend the Mrs Brimbles Christmas Jingle & Mingle event on 2nd December where Anna delivered an inspiring workshop where I began making my junk style December Journal. It's not a traveller's notebook insert but the pages are standard size because it suits me so much. It has four signatures of mixed papers and card and has been bound with a long stitch. I finished stitching it together at home the next day.
IMG_0896

One of the collage sheets depicts an array of snuggly Christmas hygge essentials. On day eight I worked a ten hour shift and came home to a home cooked meal that we ate on the sofa while we watched a favourite TV show by the light of the twinkling Christmas tree. It doesn't get more hygge than that so, with a lack of photographs, I picked out my favourites to remember the snuggly feelings of that evening. I might colour them in, I might not. I like the way they look with the poinsettia pattern in the background and with the little spot of journaling on the ticket shaped die cut (to tie in with the cinema entry on day seven) I am happy with the page.

IMG_0883

On the evening of the ninth day my Dad and I had a wonderful time at a local carol concert. Anna's artwork is prevalent on this spread as the background on the left page is made up of her stamped mixed media work that I have gessoed lightly so allow her lovely robin to stand out and to allow me to journal over the top. The 'Yule Blessings' wreath is Anna's as is the plate of mince pies from her hygge inspired page. I have also cut out one of the trees from an excess piece of the stamped mixed media. Once stuck down, I outlined the tree with green ink from a Jane Davenport mermaid marker and smudged it to add to the mixed media effect. I will be adding my journaling and my ticket for the carol concert too. The few other elements used on these pages are from collections by Paperchase, Prima, American Crafts and Carta Bella.

IMG_0860

IMG_0862

IMG_0898 

 I awoke to the sight of snow falling and settling on day ten. I was particularly happy because I knew I was going to spend the day crafting and journaling and not going outside. Here you can see a few of my photos but I was inspired to use Anna's antlered wintery woman and another of her wreaths, to frame the number ten, along side them. As you can see, I am obsessed with using tags and making them stick out from the edge of the page. I made this blue one with die cut snowflakes at a workshop last Christmas. 

IMG_0880

IMG_0870 

 I also amused myself by merging two college elements to form a framed santa selfie to add a bit of silliness and tie in with Tom's snow selfie on the right.

IMG_0897

Thanks for reading folks. I hope you will join me on Instagram to see more pages from my December journal and other creative projects. 

 I hope you have a magical Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year. 

Bye for now, Steph x x x 



No comments:

Post a Comment