Thursday 21 December 2017

Drawing Gum Resist



A Christmas themed page for this months blog post for Anna (Mrs Brimbles) using her fabulous tutorials on watercolour resist from the November patreon workshop video. I have seen this month that Anna has been using the Gansai Tambi watercolours in gold (Starry Colours) and I just had to get some...they are stunning. I have been so inspired by the content on her patreon page these last two months that I really could have created a million things. I decided to focus on 3 things: Watercolour resist, using the Starry Colours paints and playing around with the December collage sheets.



Watercolour and Drawing Gum Resist Process:

For the page prep, I used some of the Prima spray mist I got free with a purchase at Plannercon Europe (the colour is stunning - Precious Stone). I love the glittery effect of it. I then set to work adding some drawing gum in swirls and as a snowflake pattern. I had always wanted to try drawing gum as a resist, I have used wax crayons before, but never gum.

​When this was dry I added some watercolour using the gold paint and then peeled off the gum. I really didn't know what to expect, but I love the final result and it is so Christmassy. I love the effect the drawing gum over the spray mist with the Starry Colours paint over the top has created. Such vibrant colours and a lovely texture. You can see the entire process in the video below or click here Drawing Gum Resist Video



I can highly recommend the Starry Colours paints. At first they don't look like they have a strong pigment, but as soon as you start building up the colour and layering them over one another they really pop.



Using Decembers Mrs Brimbles Collage Sheets

The second half of the video shows you my first pages in my Instagram Christmas photo journal. I made the journal at the Jingle and Mingle meet up from Anna's resources and workshop, so I will use it to add my Instagram Christmas pictures to. The collage sheets/printables that Anna has provided from the December Patreon are stunning, such amazing colours, they scream Christmas! Check out further descriptions at the end of the video (if you haven't already).



Do be sure to check out Anna's Patreon, as well as the current month, you also get everything back dated and it's such incredible value at only $5 or $10 a month - www.patreon.com/mrsbrimbles

​Thank you for the support this year and have a great Christmas and 2017.
​Kerry xxx


Follow me on  social media:

​Instagram  |  You Tube  |  
Pinterest |  Twitter |  ​

Kerrymay._.Makes a Mess Art Journaling FB Group


No comments:

Post a Comment