Sunday 20 August 2017

Grace's Cat Journaling and Planner Projects



As a cat person, who also loves florals, this kit was pretty much perfect for me. So I wanted to create quite a few projects with it.  


The first was a 'scrashbook' page, one of my (many!) forms of creative journaling that incorporates styles of scrapbooking, smashbooking, art, and creative journaling. I chose some photos of my cat, Conan, in the garden and journalled about how much he loves to be outside.
I added colour to the page by dabbing some pink acrylic paint on with a foam brush, then I journalled on the back of the card and attached  it to the page with some paw print washi. Then it was sticker time! Here are some close ups:





I used this paper from the Brimbles shop for my background, as well as a journaling card from a cat kit which is sadly no longer available. 






I just LOVE layering stickers in little clusters!  Here is the finished layout, there is also a process video for this if you'd like to watch.


As for my other projects, I did a planner spread, of which you can watch the plan with me video here


Then I created a page marker for my planner. I did use my silhouette cutting machine to make the page marker, which I appreciate not everyone has, but you could easily make something like this on your computer and fussy cut it, or simply attach alpha stickers to the top of some card and laminate it. 




And my last little project, because I only had one decorative floral sticker left, was to make a mini divider/tip in for my planner for the section where I keep track of my cat's important details and information. 



On this one I dabbed some black ink (just using my fingertips) onto on of the cat stickers so they'd contrast (also Conan is a black cat!).

And that's it! And after all that I still have a handful of stickers left to use. Thanks so much for reading and catch you all next month <3 span="">


Grace <3 span="">
@ms.paperlover


No comments:

Post a Comment