Sunday 27 August 2017

Abstract Artworks



Hello Brimblers!

 This month I've been working with the collage sheets available from Anna's Patreon. I decided to work with the more abstract artworks. I love the variety created by Anna, the colours used and how they inspired me. Firstly I decided to work with the collage paper style sheet. I've been drawn to a lot of vintage papers this Summer and this drew me in. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do at first so a lot of the time I had it sat on my desk waiting for it's purpose. Then the day came! I've been working with Herbs recently, something I've done in the past and am now revisiting. This artwork matched my plans and colour scheme perfectly. It began with the lavender image and went from there. I loved the blank space amongst the paper collage, it made for a natural title area.

  FullSizeRender (38)

I then played with three of Anna's mixed media abstract work. Firstly I went for the yellow flowers. I love how this looks already and wanted to create an extension of it. The artwork looks as though it has been created with Acrylics. I wanted to try a different media against it to see the effect. I decided on watercolour, ending with a result of Anna's deliberate brush strokes and art that looks good enough to touch, against my softer approach with gentle blending. I ended it with a quote as I felt it needed a little something.
  FullSizeRender (37).jpg

The last page I created featured two of Anna's abstract works. The first being white flowers and mark making with purples in the background. The second being similar with hints of green. Again I wanted to extend the artwork as I felt it was already lovely in the way it looked. I decided to stick these onto black paper and used a mixture of chalk pens, white gel pen, black fine tip pens and metallic pencils to gain the look I was after. Of the three created, this is my favourite. I found it extremely peaceful working on this, I've never created any Zentangles before but I get the impression that this is the point of them. A sort of doodling to create an image and unwind your mind.

  FullSizeRender (36)

So that's what I've been up to with Anna's Patreon artwork this month, check out the link here. 

Thanks for stopping by, Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment