Thursday 21 July 2016

Scrapbook Layouts with Zinia



Hello everyone it's Zinia here from Abstract Inspiration and today I want to share with you a project I created using the July 2016 stationery Brimbles Box. Now I do understand that the boxes are mainly created for planning but when I saw these beautiful 12x12 exclusive papers I couldn't help myself so I went ahead and created a scrapbook layout.



I actually decided to also play with some mixed media supplies. By the way if you didn't notice, Anna added a bunch of amazing mixed media supplies in her shop recently and I'm using some of them in this layout.

I used one of the pattern papers as a base and I covered the middle area with a very thin layer of gesso. Then I picked some Dylusions paints in Bubblegum Pink and Fresh Lime and I colored a small amount of texture paste. I also created a third color using one of the Tattered Angels Gimmer Mists that I had in my stash.


I applied the colored texture paste on my page through a stencil, creating three lines of color. Once the texture paste was dry, I used matching mist colors with the packaging technique to add some more color on top of the stenciled images.

Then I grabbed a bunch of the ephemera pieces and arranged them on the page following the mixed media colors. I really liked the ice cream that Anna design on the cut apart paper so I decided to cut it out and then use a correction pen to go around and cover the black outline to make it match the design of the ephemera pieces better.


So thatís it. I hope you got inspired to do something fun with your Brimbles box supplies, see you again soon.

Feel free to stay in touch with me through social media: Blog ï Instagram ï Youtube ï Facebook ï Pinterest ï Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment