Saturday 23 July 2016

Did someone mention Ice Cream?


Every time I get the chance to indulge in ice cream which is pretty much every night this week (don't tell anyone) I get pretty excited. Do you ever get on a kick about something and you will eat it and eat it until you are so burnt out on it? Yeah...that is me. I am the same way with planner supplies lately and how I craft.

The Mrs Brimbles June box really spoke to my cravings with my planner and my habits lately.
Anna's original art again made into beautiful papers and stickers is just such a treat. I most likely will hoard use the paper for something to make for my planner although I am also a crafter so a cute cheery card for my grand daughter will be a good use of the paper as well. Since there are several sheets I can make some dividers or dashboards with it.

The adorable little clay charm is just unbelievably cute. I plan to deck out my yellow Kikki with this months box. I am going to use the ephemera to decorate the pages. There was a lot of really cute tags and sayings as well as shapes.

Now I will share my spread and the way I used my goodies and then I plan to share a really quick treat since I always like to do some kind of DIY that is easy to make your family will LOVE it!!



I popped a few of the diecuts from the kit on my page as well. There are tons of them in the kit



I threw my first ever clay charm in the mix just because it looks cute with the ice creams! I love these stickers of Anna's especially those adorable clouds and sun stickers, those are my fav's!



Stickers are adorable and the one set is Anna's own artwork. Did you know she has a sticker subscription box too?


Just a little close up of this adorable ice cream cone charm! I love it!


Now if you love mexican food and have ever partaken of fried ice cream you will definitely enjoy the following.

Mock Fried Ice Cream


OMG this is the best thing! Yep you will be running to the store to get your ingredients!

Ingredients:
Vanilla Ice Cream
Frosted Corn Flakes
Cinnamon (Optional)
Chocolate syrup (I used Hershey's)
Redi-whip (cause everything is better with whip cream)

Now I won't share measurements cause come on we all can eat a different amount and if you are having it for one or for a family it will be different. So here is my process.

First I take a ziplock baggie and pour what I think will be enough corn flakes for me, you can add a splash of cinnamon in the bag if you would like it but honestly it is just as good without (I like a lot of crunch and like the excess in the bottom to utilize even more crunch)

Crunch up the corn flakes in the bag with a rolling pin or in my case my fist

Then I take a spoon and scoop up some ice cream and form it into somewhat of a ball and plopped that baby in the bag with all the yummy corn flake particles

I shake it around and even smoosh a bit of it around in the bag to get it covered well. 

I put it into my bowl and let the excess fall out into the bowl as well (trust me you will use it)

Drizzle some chocolate sauce onto and squirt some whip cream on top of it and GO TO TOWN! Don't forget to breathe (its that good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment