Thursday 5 May 2016

Creating a planner dashboard



Today I thought I would show you what I decided to do with a few of the things I got in my April Brimbles Box


April's box was definitely one of my favourites, with all the bright colours and fun shapes! When I saw the 'Do Not Worry Be Happy' postcard I knew I wanted to do something with it. I laid all the contents of the box out in front of me and tried to figure out what to do with it all. As I was having a bit of a juggle about with my personal sized planner, creating a dashboard for it made sense. Something bright and fun to welcome me when I open my planner.

As with all postcards they are a little too short to fit in a personal sized planner perfectly, so instead of sticking it to another piece of card I had a go at something else I'd thought about trying.

I used the pink & purple heart washi tape, the purple glasses from the planner nerd ephemera pack, some stickers from the planner nerd sticker sheet, an emoji sticker and some black striped thin washi tape from Tiger.

Because the postcard had a lot of blank space, there was plenty of room for decoration!

This is really a very simple process, all I've done is filled in the blank space with pretty washi tape and stickers. But I really love how it's turned out and will definitely consider trying this out on some other postcards when I next change my planner around!

I added the glasses on the top to break up the straight line. I don't know why but when the glasses weren't there, and I put the postcard in my planner, it just looked too straight and almost like I'd accidentally cut something too short. When I added the glasses and broke up that straight line, it definitely completed it.


When I added it to my planner I actually clipped it to another dashboard I had in there already, with a little gold binder clip I got from Tiger. I really liked how all the colours looked together, plus the clip is pretty so it doesn't look too out of place. This means I can easily swap and change the background whenever I want.

If you have some postcards lying around, that you want to make into dashboards. I would definitely recommend finding some die cuts and having a go at combining the two. I personally much prefer how it looks!

- Daisy X 



No comments:

Post a Comment