Tuesday 10 May 2016

Creating beautiful happy mail





geraldinejayne.com 

 I have always loved sending beautiful mail to penpals. Sometimes I get more excited about giving than I do receiving! When I received this months Brimbles box I couldn't wait to create bright and cheery happy mail to friends I made at last months Planner Con. The blue cloud envelopes gave me an idea on a unique way to send inspirational pages from a magazine along with other little pieces of stationery goodness! I took the pages from a magazine called Flow...

  geraldinejayne.com 

 Next, I folded them in half, length ways, in order to fit the envelope... geraldinejayne.com 

 Finally, I attached some extras, held together with a paperclip, and placed them inside the envelope...  
geraldinejayne.com

My next inspiration came from both the washi and the stationery set that was included in the box. How gorgeous are these colours!
  geraldinejayne.com

The spotty design inspired me to take a journal card I had from my stash and, the washi included in the subscription box, create a pouch where I could fit some goodies for my friend. It would then be small enough to fit inside the envelope. Taking two journal cards from my stash, I cut one to the required size and, using the washi, attached it to the base card to create the pouch...

  geraldinejayne.com 

 I then stuffed the pouch with all sorts of ephemera, washi samples, and a paperclip...
  geraldinejayne.com

I then decorated the envelope before putting both the letter and pouch inside...  
  geraldinejayne.com

geraldinejayne.com  

  geraldinejayne.com 

 I hope this has encouraged you to get creative with whatever you have in your stash. The stationery Brimbles Box would be a great way to build up such a collection. To see what other subscription boxes are available just click here! Thank you for stopping by! logo
  Enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment