Monday 7 December 2015

Project life tips, treats and tricks!

Hi, guys! Stef here, from the Noveltea Corner, and I'm back to share some tips for using your Brimbles Box for Project Life, in particular, the fun Halloween-themed Project Life cards you might have received in your October box. I've only been memory keeping using Project Life since March this year and I have to admit, I'm still trying to find my groove with it. Some weeks I'm really happy with it, others I look at my layout and wonder where I went wrong. Most weeks I try to limit myself to one 12x12 page layout per week (I take a lot of photos. Sometimes it gets out of hand!), but for October, I decided to just print out all my photos and run with it, and surprisingly, I was very happy with how it turned out. I'll be sharing some photos and some of my tips for you!

Supplies (links provided where available):
Halloween Project Life Cards // Black Doilies // Alphabet Thickers
Assorted Halloween Stickers (from my stash) // Black Sequins // Enamel Dots

For my Project Life, I collate my photos using the Collect app on my iPhone. This allows me to journal right underneath the photo and it records the date for me.


Because my journaling was already on the photos, I decided to leave the photos unembellished, and focused on creating small clusters of embellishments on the filler cards.


Before I started, I went through the Project Life cards included in the Brimbles Box and decided which ones I really wanted to use, and then which ones I wanted to embellish a lot, and which ones I wanted to let the designs show through on.


Tip #1: I don't use a lot of 6x4 photos or cards (except for titles) - use those pockets by taping two 3x4 cards together, or backing them on a 6x4 card/scrap and popping them in those pockets.
Tip #2: Sometimes less is more. This is a lesson I sometimes forget. I deliberately tried to keep my embellishing minimal in one part of the card (see the "So Scary" card above). No need to go overboard.
Tip #3: Keep a simple colour palette. You're less likely to overwhelm yourself!


Tip #4: Use reoccurring items - like the black doilies - to tie the whole thing together.


Tip #5: Raid your stash! Pull out your paper scraps, your box of sequins and leftovers. Use them. Anything can be added with a bit of glue or double-sided tape.


Tip #6: Trust yourself. Don't be afraid to experiment. And most of all? Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment