Thursday 15 October 2015

Snail Mail decorating with Daisy


I thought I'd share how I've been using some of the goodies I received in my Happy Mail Boxes from Mrs Brimbles! 

I haven't had the time to write to my penpals recently, purely because I have just been so busy. With the internet issues we've been having, everything takes a lot longer to do. So instead of working for 5 hours then taking the time to chill. I've been working 10 hours, just to get what I needed to get done, done. It's stressing me out beyond belief, but I'm working with what I've got.

I've used a few things out of the boxes over the past month, but a week or so ago I just wanted to get stuck into them and use as much as I could. It's what they are there for after all!


I decided to use some of the adorable busy bee paper, and the chipboard mail themed stickers that I got in the August Happy Mail box. Along with the Hello stamp, and the Dear Lizzy label stickers from the September Happy Mail box!

I feel like my decorating style when it comes to mail is quite mis-matched and reflects a lot from my Smash Book style. I take a little bit of this and a little bit of that and figure out a way to make them work haha.
I used two Washi Tapes, the heart one is from Cloudy Cow and the Green one is from Paperchase.
I use this heart one on practically everything, it's one of those ones that just goes with whatever project you are working on, love it!


I used the yellow label sticker from the Dear Lizzy pack to write the address on, the colours went great and it was the perfect size for this envelope. 

This letter was going to a penpal in the USA, I went through all my picture stamps and stuck the right amount on. I tend to save my picture stamps for penpals outside of the UK, I think it's because I know they won't be able to get their hands on them if not. Obviously anyone from the UK can purchase the stamps if they want them, it for anyone outside of the UK it's a little harder.


I finished off by sticking on some orange striped Washi Tape (Also from Cloudy Cow), and a little envelope chipboard sticker. I love these chipboard stickers so much! They aren't too bulky either, so once I'd stuck it on the width and weight of the letter didn't change so it wouldn't cost me anymore to send it.

Whenever I'm putting together a penpal letter, especially one going abroad, as the pricing is very different to sending to the UK. I always have my scales handy so once I've finished it and packed it up, I can see if there's any 'free space' in the weight to add a few more stickers etc. I always assume that like me, my penpals keep cute stickers and pretty things that are stuck on envelopes, so if there's a chance to send a few more without it costing anymore, then why not!

I hope you enjoy seeing how I've used my recent Happy Mail boxes! I'll include a full list of supplies below:


Have a lovely day! - Daisy X

1 comment:

  1. Looks so awesome! Love the retro feel of it and everything is so pretty!
    Deb C (aka Craftin' Chaos)

    ReplyDelete