Monday 5 October 2015

Making Personal Dividers


Hello there, friends! 
It's Margie, and it's my turn to share what I have created using my September Brimbles Personal Ring Planner Box

I was inspired by all the pretty colors in the October Afternoon "Girl Talk" Vintage Paper Pack to create new dashboard and 5 dividers for my personal ring planner... 


For my dashboard, I used the Dear Lizzy "Documentary" Stamp Set


To create the look of the typewriter, I paper-pieced the different parts of the stamp by stamping it on different patterned papers, cutting it out and then piecing it together with adhesive. I also used the 'hello' stamp from the stamp set and an October Afternoon "Girl Talk" Vintage Badge to embellish one of my punched flowers; and I just love how my dashboard greets me every time I open my planner :) 

I also added in Mrs. Brimble's "The Mix Tape of My Life" laminated dashboard as a second dashboard... 


I don't currently have a laminator and really love that this laminated dashboard was included in my box! I love being able to add in some sticky notes to my planner; and this allowed me to do so without having to worry about getting sticky residue on my dashboard and dividers, until I can get them laminated! Sticky notes work very well on laminated dashboards and are so durable and long lasting too... Also, this mixtape image just brings back so many memories from my childhood, I was a lucky girl to be able to grow up in the '80s :) 

For my dividers, I used the project life and 2x2 sized cutouts in the paperback as my main focus...


It was so easy to find matching cardstock colors, as well as adding in the washi tape that came in the box... 


I'm always afraid of cutting down my pretty papers and patterns, but once I get going I am motivated to use it all! Never be afraid to try something new or add in new elements! 


Mrs. Brimbles boxes always comes with a special note from Anna herself, which is such a sweet personal touch that makes me feel like she's a dear friend of mine for ages! 

I love the typewriter watercolor that she had done for her card this month, so much so, that I had to borrow fellow designer Geraldine's idea and framed it so I can add it to my craft room's window shelf! I decided to use a black distressed frame and add some of the badees to it, and I simply adore how it turned out!  


And here is a peek at my precious leftover scraps! 


I will be incorporating these little bits into my monthly/weekly pages... and I have special plans for the October Afternoon "Saturday Morning" sticker sheet that came too - reminds me of my Saturday cartoon mornings with great big bowls of cereal, lol! 
But, I will share those projects another time ;) 


I hope something here inspires you to get creative today!
Thank you for letting me share my projects.

Margie
Instagram/Twitter: @TheBumbleGirl 
My Book Blog: Bumbles and Fairy-Tales 
My Cardmaking Blog: Oh Bumble is Me... Margie

4 comments: