Monday 28 September 2015

Meet the Design team - Charlie

Hello, I'm Charlie! You may also know me as seasaltandpaper on Instagram and Youtube. I'm so excited to be hanging out on Anna's blog today and sharing a little bit about myself, and how Sea Salt & Paper came to be.

seasaltandpaper.comThis Weeks Decorated Pages // Week 27 {heycharlieblog.com}

FYI I'm a planner hoarder, sticky note fanatic - a stationery addict if you will. You know, I'm just one of those people who has to write everything down or things will get forgotten. I live by the sea in Cornwall (UK) with my very understanding family and my very pampered pets. Looking back, no wonder I've ended up in the planner community and turning scraps of paper into things I love. I owe that to the women in my family who have had an endless amount of craft projects on the go ever since I can remember. I guess it's in the genes. Knitting, crochet, clay modelling, paper craft, embroidery. You name it, my mum, great auntie(s), nan, great nan and great-great nan did it all and encouraged me to explore my creative side from a very early age. Little did I know they are all Filofax owners too! All of these things are hobbies, a chance to relax and unwind - I never thought it would be possible to turn them into a full-time venture.

This Weeks Decorated Pages // Week 23 {heycharlieblog.com}

At school, I didn't know what I wanted to be (that's not entirely true, at one point I think I wanted to be a dentist.) It wasn't until I was in my twenties that I knew I wanted to be a teacher. I spent many happy years working as an early years professional, in nurseries, as a childminder, with very vulnerable children for children's social services and later on in a primary school. I've also dabbled in art therapy. What kept me organised throughout this time? My Filofax! And that is how I found the planner community.

This Weeks Decorated Pages // Week 16 {heycharlieblog.com}

It all started out with a search on Instagram. I was looking for inspiration and ended up hook, line & sinker *pun alert, sorry* As I shared my decorated pages and met like-minded addicts I became inundated with questions on how I use my planner, and so, I decided to blog about it using it as a way to expand on these questions and provide in-depth answers and photos. As time went on, my planner collection grew and so did my blog. Later in the year I was able to open an Etsy shop selling handmade planner accessories. I felt like I was working all day and night to keep everything going. In truth I was.

I really got to the point of deciding whether I could keep it up as my shop became busier. The thing is, it wasn't really about the time it all took, it was about which one made me happier and although teaching is such a rewarding job I took the risk and handed in my notice. That was April this year and I'm currently working on some projects to take my little business to the next level. I've been lucky to have some amazing opportunities come my way especially the one where I get to be a member of Anna's design team and I can't wait to get started!

So that's me - I stay organised and I help people get organised. It's a win-win situation.
Have a productive week - go and create something you love too!
Charlie!
seasaltandpaper.com
Stalk me here: Blog // Instagram // Etsy // YouTube // Twitter // Facebook // Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Loved all your pics and getting to know you Charlie!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete