Friday 31 May 2013

May Roundup of what's going on with me.



Wow I can't believe another month has flown by it has gone so quickly can you believe!

I don't know if you saw my post a couple or so back but we are moving house, yay! finally! Our move date is set for 7th June and I am so excited. So here it has been mainly all packing like crazy but I have managed to get some arting done too in between I am pleased to say! This is what our spare room looks like at the moment. Total chaos. We have boxes and all kinds of stuff that we have accummulated over the 9 years we have been in this house, all waiting to be shipped out. We just have the daunting bit of unpacking it all at the other end now!

Eeeeeeeek!

Our spare room!!!!!!!

So the weather has warmed up a bit here in England but we are still having predominantly rain. We do get a couple of dry days so you have to make the most of them when you can and I certainly have been. I have been trying to get out in the garden as much as possible and taking the art stuff with me. Or even just chillaxing!

Me and my converse. I love my star laces!





My guinea pigs live inside (the bunnies live outside) but they do like getting out into the garden too whenever they can and as much as they can and it makes me really happy watching them just toddle about in my garden. I can't wait to see what they make of the new garden!

Bertie  
My husband makes the most amazing scones. I must share the recipe with you some time as they are faberooney! and what can beat scones, jam, a pot of tea and sitting journaling in the garden. Apart from by the sea side I think the answer to that is nothing!


I am drawing lots of inspiration my just sitting in the garden and being part of nature at the moment. I love the colours and the combinations and I am trying to really draw on nature in my colour pallette. I have had these pansies / violas on my garden table since January would you believe. I bought them in a sale and they were all dry and sad and I have nursed them back to health and now they are going great guns. They are so beautiful.



As warm as it is getting in the day time though the nights are still so cold so I can be seen snuggling with my piggies! They love a blankie to snuggle under too. Truth be told so do I!

Betty and Mummy


Talking of snuggling, I am really getting back into reading "real" books again. I love my kindle and switched over to it but then I was leant a "real" book and have kinda got hooked again. I have realised that you can take "real" books into the bath with you and you can't with a kindle so I might have to juggle the two somehow. It is a shame if you buy the "real" copy you can't get a download to so you can swap between the two. Hey ho! I am pretty sure that the reading is influencing my art too as I have noticed a change, a more fairy tale quality to my artwork with the increase in reading. Do you notice that?



One more thing before I say tooodleloo for now and that is, when you are painting, don't put your water cup next to your cup of tea. Because this happens!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment