Wednesday 27 February 2013

My Labyrinth inspired WOYWW



So what is on my desk today?

Well, this is a page in my art journal. I started creating it for myself as my own private piece but I may display the finished article in my book. Did I mention I have written a book? Well I have and I am just in the process of getting it proof read by the lovely Emma from Kombi Media and then I am going to start looking at publishing. As it is something a little different I thought it might be a good illustration for the book. We will see.

Anyways here it is, part finished obviously and still needs a lot of work.


I love the film Labyrinth. Always have and always will. Anyway I was feeling in a strange mood and the songs kept popping into my head which resulted in me pinning labyrinth pics on pinterest. My painting above is based on this photo of Sarah:


I shall probably put some song lyrics around it or quotes from the film. I am not sure yet but I am just loving the process anyway.

Depending on how it goes I may or may not share the finished piece : )


For those of you that don't know what WOYWW is, basically you take a picture of what is on your desk, no matter what that might be, good, bad, finished or messy. You take a picture of it, post it on your blog and then link up with everyone else taking part here: http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-is-woyww.html




1 comment:

  1. I am a fan of this flick and ALL the players..I love Hansons Art and will always be inlove with Bowie.....I love the ballroom / and dancing..the song is magical...hmmmmm theres a happy thought.! Happy to have found your blog in the list on Willowing...Lovely visit ♥Debi

    ReplyDelete