Wednesday 2 January 2013

Mail Art Swapping with Heidi

Have you heard of mail art swapping? It is something I have done before and is great fun. Basically you pair up with someone and create something and send it to them to brighten up their day. We get so little mail nowadays which is a great pity as it is so much fun when you get something through the post.

I have a romantic idea of post and would love to have a beautiful box of hand written notes all tied up in ribbon. Is anyone else with me on that?

Image credit: http://worldofvieta.tumblr.com/page/189


I am really pleased to say that I am doing a swap with Heidi M who is really well known for her fantastic Little Nore characters. If you would like to find out more about Heidi's swap then click on the image below to be taken to her mail art blog post...

http://heidimmcdonald.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/mail-art-swap.htmlhttp://heidimmcdonald.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/mail-art-swap.html


The  pressure was on I felt. Whilst I love creating art and really really wanted to do this swap, Heidi is such a fantastic artist and I am not. Anyway this is the piece that I created for Heidi and I hope she likes it!



Just a little canvas with mixed media, acrylic paints, inks, stamps, alcohol inks, papers, pro markers.

I chose the "Time to Fly" inspirational phrase as I think sometimes people need reminding of that and also it follows on from my starting to fly blog post.

If you would like to take part in a swap with me then please let me know, just email me on: bugbabe2 AT yahoo.com letting me know your address etc and I will get back to you with mine. I would love a regular pen pal too so if you are interested just let me know.

If you would like to find out about other mail art swaps join the facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment