Tuesday 16 October 2012

Is it any good?


I find my self asking that question all the time. Is it any good? Well I guess it firstly depends on "what is good". Who sets the barrier for that? Everyone has a different perception on what even constitutes art. Do you remember this famous piece from Marcel Duchamp in 1917?



This was a great controversial debate as to what can even be called art.

So why then do we find ourselves asking and questioning and disbelieving in ourselves all the time. Why are we constantly beating ourselves up.

I guess from my point of view you see so many wonderful pieces out there and you want to create great wonderful pieces that everyone will want to buy and spend lots of money on. I know part of me thinks this.

But then does it matter? If you enjoy yourself and have fun creating a piece what does it matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment